Monday, April 20, 2009

What's a Girl to Do?

Hanging out in an elementary school playground on a Sunday afternoon...


The feeling that was so novel before has begun to cause me pain,
but don't misunderstand, this pain has given me meaning
and that has made me happier than all the dried fruit
of the Great Pacific could.
I've been thinking up until now that this is confusing.
But it is not. It is simple. So simple.
Just because something is hurtful does not mean
that it is confusing. In fact, some of the most painful
things are the most basic facets of our lives.
And this is one I suppose.
Today was worse than usual,
135 minutes a day is bad enough.
Please don't add more.
I remember at first, I was so fascinated by your psychosis.
I'm not sure why Jill and I get so involved with people
with fragile minds.
I'm just that creepy kid that blurts out awkward sentences
to you. Or sometimes I just agree with your own awkward
sentences. But at least I talk to you.
And that is the best either of us
will ever get.
I can't get this nail polish off my fucking fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment