Thursday, April 30, 2009

Film Noir

AFTER PROJECT SPECIAL!

Joan L'Arc.
IT'S JOAN D'ARC YOU IDIOT!
I'll see you in Disney Land.
I left the school and went out into the rain to catch the bus. I shouldn't have stayed so long talking, and the bus began to pull away. I chased after it, waving my arms and yelling frantically. The bus driver saw, of course, but didn't care to stop. I fell back into the grass which was quickly becoming mud, and stared straight up into the rain.
"This day was surely terrible. Yes, one of the worst on record. But the rain is so beautiful. It is so beautiful up."
Fabs was walking by, and upon seeing my laying by the side of the road, could have called the bus to come back for me, or even call the police (like the time I played dead on the playground). Instead, he kept right on walking. I got up and made my way home through the darkness.
"Three flashes of the light means it's safe to cross into Switzerland. Five beats of the drum means we can make peace."
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Try not to get caught in the light, run through the field. Finally, the Idol that must always face Buddha.
"I've found religion you know, in this Fertility Goddess. It is quite comforting. You should try it."
"What?"
"Religion. Look! There is a grasshopper on the lightswitch."
"It's beautiful."
"Let's take it apart."
And then I woke up.

Going to school in a suit changes everything. People are nicer to you. And when you pass in the hall, girls will say:
"There goes another one."
"Where? oh, I see it."

Things got better after we spoke. Even better than before, I mean.
An awkward touch, and part of me lives while part of me dies.
Do you want to know?
Do you want to know?
Do you want to know?

I want to build a Joan of Arc out of a matchstick.
Strike her head and watch it all burn down.

When you are tired and you are finally allowed to sleep,
the sound of the engine straining,
the wind through the half opened window,
the sweet air,
the birds nesting in tender leaves,
can be the softest touch.

I wish I could be Swedish triplets for you.
But alas, I cannot.
(although I went to school with two Norwegian twins who once made out under the slide)

Green means stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment