Thursday, February 26, 2009

Truth or D.A.R.E.?

While the party raged on downstairs,
I retreated to the bedroom upstairs.
She came in and sat down beside me,
the smell of vodka on her tongue.
She asked me if I wanted to know the truth.
And how could I refuse.

She told me of the Gypsies
who took her away
on their caravan
that traveled Everywhere with Nowhere in mind.
She was lost
and scared,
but Lucy took her by the hand,
and together they traveled
deep into space, crossing galaxies,
and to fields of flowers
whose colors melted and dripped.
And one day, she fell so far in
she was afraid she could never
come home.
But after 3 days of ghosts and Gods
she awoke
and was given back her voice.
No longer afraid,
no longer enslaved.
And she knew,
and she told me this now,
that underneath our human shell
we were all the same
and we were all beautiful.

Sometimes I still see her,
at protests and parties,
she still keeps that same face
of sorrow and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment